Girl Scouts of Colorado is announcing the 2013 inductees into the esteemed Women of Distinction and Women to Watch program in the Pikes Peak area at a private reception on June 25 at Stewart House at Colorado College. This year’s eight honorees were selected by a committee of their peers led by Selection Chair Renita Wolf with Girl Scouts of Colorado’s Board of Directors, and chosen based on their contributions to the community, both professionally and personally. The Women of Distinction and Women to Watch commit to supporting Girl Scouts of Colorado and serving Girl Scouts today.
The Women of Distinction program began in the area in 2000, though 56 area women were named Women of Distinction in 1994 during Girl Scouts’ 75 Anniversary. Including this year’s honorees, Girl Scouts of Colorado has recognized 108 area women with this honor. New to the program last year was the naming of area women under the age of 40 as “Women to Watch.” This year three additional Women to Watch honorees will join the two named in 2012. The Women of Distinction program brings together a group of women dedicated to raising funds to support Girl Scout leadership programs. More than $300,000 has been raised in 12 years.
Later this year, Girl Scouts of Colorado will publicly honor these inductees at the 2013 Thin Mint Dinner in Colorado Springs. This event will be on Sept. 12 at the Antlers Hilton. Claire Garcia, Woman of Distinction 2012, is the event chair and Kari Kilroy is serving as the event sponsorship chair.
For more information on the Sept. 12 event, including how you can help, please contact Karen Burghart at 719-304-8322 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit our website for more information or to purchase tickets and/or sponsorships at girlscoutsofcolorado.org/women-of-distinction-pikes-peak.
Girl Scouts of Colorado’s Pikes Peak 2013 Women of Distinction:
- Lindy Conter, Community Volunteer Leader for Women’s Resource Agency, Women’s Foundation of Colorado and Colorado Women’s Hall of Fame
- Lynette Crow-Iverson, President/CEO, Conspire!
- Margaret Sabin, President & CEO, Penrose-St. Francis Health Services
- Barbara J. Winter, Executive Vice President, Organizational Resources, Ent Federal Credit Union
- Dr. Adis Maria Vila, First Chief Diversity Officer, USAFA, Nov. 2010 – June 2013
Girl Scouts of Colorado’s Pikes Peak 2013 Women to Watch:
- Ann Cesare, Community Outreach Director, Memorial Hospital, University of Colorado Health
- Amber Ptak, Director of Education Programs, Gay & Lesbian Fund for Colorado, a program of the Gill Foundation
- Shannon Rogers, Relationship Manager, Discover Goodwill of Southern and Western Colorado